Welcome to the website of the Burundian Community of Canada Inc., Toronto. This site is owned by the CBCA, Toronto Region. We post our activities and inform our members and other cultural communities and the host society that these events are open to anyone wishing to participate.
We are part of the Burundian Community of Canada Inc. and we operate with its statutes. On Sunday, August 25, 2012, 2 years after its launch, members meeting in the Burundian Community of Canada, Toronto (CBCA Toronto) conducted the election of a new Regional Council. The new board comprises eight directors representing all sectors of Burundian society, and committed to ensuring the personal development, family, cultural, social and economic development of any member of the Burundian community in Toronto. At the same time new members from the East African Community joined the CBCA Inc.
The new board in Toronto will develop projects to contribute in the development of their country of origin and implement activities for Toronto members, youth and their families corresponding to the seven objectives of the community which are to:
1. Promote the integration of members of the Burundian community in Canadian society
2. Promote solidarity and mutual assistance within the Burundian community
3. Raise awareness of political and socio-economic Burundi
4. Facilitate and encourage trade cooperation between Canada and Burundi
5. Ensure the human rights of members of the Burundian community in Canada
6. Mobilize to deal with emergencies or humanitarian in Burundi
7. Participate in development efforts in Burundi and work to find the necessary help
Open to all and inclusive, we invite all members of the Burundian community living in Toronto who wish to join us in making Toronto a nice place to live for all.
For additional information, please contact M. Jean Claude Ndereyahayo, Secretary General CBCA Toronto, T: 647-739-4042 * E: email@example.com Once again, welcome to our web site and to our community!
For your service;
CBCA - Toronto